- Stipulate your rights and responsibilities forthcoming out of working with Josie;
- Explain exactly what we do with your data and how we use it to help you with advice, recommendations, or suggestions that you give permission to or request from us;
- Make sure that you understand what data we collect with your permission, and what we do - and not do - with it;
- Determine accountability for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy;
All the information we collect is related to providing the Josie services and its features. In these terms and conditions, any reference to Josie shall mean any applicable company or site directly owned or co-owned by Josie (www.josielabs.com).
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Broadly speaking, there are three categories of information we collect: 1) information that we must have in order for you to use our platforms; 2) information that we can use to provide analytics, assessments, additional features and improved experiences, if you choose to share that information with us; and 3) publicly available information from which we directly make inferences.
The first category includes:
Registration Information, including name, birth date (age), email, address, and other information that you provide when you sign up for our services;
Your location, we help you find events, institutions, jobs, trainings, and other geographically specific happenings based on where you are or want to be.
Technical and sensor information necessary to operate the Josie platform. This includes the type of browser and device you use, data from the touchscreen, and information from your device’s gyroscope and accelerator sensors. This enables you to control the Josie platform and allows us to do simple things like scale the platform to your device, rotate videos, and recommend tasks based on whether you’re sitting still or are on the road.
We will never gather or use your personal data without first getting your explicit permission. The gathering of personal data enables us to help you create a profile for you and you alone. We will not share any of your personal data with any third party unless you have given us explicit permission to do so.
The second category includes information that enables us to offer you additional features and advice. Amongst other applications, this data enables us to give you advice on courses of action to achieve your goals in life. While using our platform you will be able to choose exactly which data you wish to commit and therefore which features you wish to enable. Given your explicit permission, we may share some of this data with any of our Users, Partners or Clients to enable them to offer you relevant opportunities that fit into your preferences. Here are some examples:
- Professional profile related data related to your career and personal development over time: Professional background, companies you have worked for, roles you have had. Educational background, schools you went to, courses you followed, grades. Data related to the preferences you may have for your future career or education but also for your social environment and general wishes.
- Any form or survey information gathered through our research or platform: Work attitudes, cultural profile, working behavior, work style preferences, matching preferences, your interests. Companies you are interested in, schools you are interested in, skills you want to learn. Personality and other standardized testing data such as g-factor.
- Your photos: we will only access images that you specifically choose, and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. This allows you to choose individual pictures to change your profile picture. You can stop sharing photos and revoke access at any time.
- Your contacts: we will never scan or import your contacts unless you ask us to. If you choose to do so, we will only use your contact information to help you find or nominate friends or contacts who use Josie.
The final category includes any non-copyrighted information, not hosted or facilitated by Josie or any of its websites, that is made accessible, retrievable. or publicly available online by the Data Subject. According to article 9 paragraph 2 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/697) this data falls under the responsibility of the Data Subject and, as long as this data remains public or publically available, no direct rights, privileges, or liabilities can be inferred from any data stored or derived from this category.
We will be clear with you about how and when we might share information. In some contexts, we will share certain information. For example, like most services, if you sign up for Josie through a third party like Linkedin, Gmail, or Facebook, we share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account. And we also share de-identified (anonymous) information with our Human Resources Industry partners to help them understand how the company they run is performing, with research partners who help us with knowledge creation efforts, and with advertisers that allow us to offer a free service. There also may be times when you want us to share information. For example, when you want to nominate or invite a friend, you might want some data to be visible to your friends… and you might not. Similarly, you can ask us to share information (like your email address) with employers or job search sites, or other partners who may want to directly send you opportunities, news or promotional offers, but you can also revoke that permission at any time.